The School was run from 1853 to 1897 by 2 Reverend gentlemen. First called
an Academy and the later a School.
Turton Hall Academy at Gildersome was run by The Rev John Sargent
From 1853 to 1871
It was a boarding school for boys and advertised in the local newspapers
usually at the beginning of each session.
John Goodchild of Wakefield has an illustration in his private collection.
Turton Hall School probably a continuation was run by the Rev. John Haslam
From 1872 to 1897
This was also still a boarding school for boys
It is referred to in :-
Our Yorkshire Schools by J.W. Bean of 1872
History of Morley by William Smith 1876