In 1876, St Editha's parish churchyard closed and the cemetery on Wigginton Road cemetery opened.

Originally called 'Tamworth Cemetery,' since about 1914 it was renamed 'Wigginton Road Cemetery.'

The first burial took place here on December 17, 1876.

Grave searches/locates can be requested for any of Tamworth's five cemeteries* by visiting the Borough Council site and completing an online form (fees apply):