"BOURN, anciently "Brunne" or "Burne," is a village, about 1½ miles north-east from the Old North Road station (which is in this parish) on the Bedford and Cambridge line of the London, Midland and Scottish railway, 10 north from Royston and about 9 west from Cambridge, in the hundred of Longstow union and petty sessional division of Caxton and Arrington, county court district of Cambridge, rural deanery of Bourn and archdeaconry and diocese of Ely. The Bourn brook flows through the parish. "
"The soil is clay; subsoil, gault. The chief crops are wheat, oats, barley and clover, and there is some land in pasture. The area is 4,175 acres the population in 1920 was 623."
"CAXTON END and CROW END are places in the parish."
[Kelly's Directory - 1929]